Friday, May 10, 2013

All Suited Up


I’ve never been one to be into lawyer books, films or TV series mainly because lawyerly stuff is what I do for a living. When I engage in leisurely activities, I want them to be thoroughly relaxing and completely different from what I do on an everyday basis. At the end of a busy day, I want my books and movies to take me to another world where I can be someone else aside from the regular boring attorney me. (Plus, lawyering is depicted as something so exciting – an exaggeration of sorts – which I just could not take without my blunt side comments.) 

So it took me as a surprise when, after experimenting on watching the first few episodes, I was immediately hooked on Suits. Suits is set in a New York City law firm and features a brilliant corporate lawyer, Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht), who hires Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams) as his associate, who is a college dropout but is impressive with his wit and superb memory. What got to me is that the TV series does not go over the top with its method of solving cases. (No eureka moments which I utterly dislike – those things just never happen in the real world.) It likewise shows the emotional and practical side to each and every legal dispute with the most unlikely of characters – Harvey, who is supposedly arrogant and unattached to his clients; and Mike, who is, to begin with, not even a real lawyer.

Though I was not brought to a different world during my leisure time, I was instead brought back to the fondest of memories in my law practice - from way back when I was starting as an associate in a law firm, and some more recent events where I was able to close corporate deals and settlements for the company where I was working.

So in a span of a few days, I was able to finish the first season. It certainly helps that Patrick J. Adams is so cute with his boyish good looks and charm (Plus, that sling bag while he’s wearing a suit – oh, I want to be able to pull that off.) I’ve got the second season ready and waiting for me. I’m all suited up for another round of some legal (and not-so-legal) action!



3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

im addicted to this also! what can i say, men in suits, hot! *ehem* ;) smart show i say.

The Horny Attorney said...

Yep, Luke. The series is very addicting. It helps that you can stare at insanely hot and witty men.