Friday, May 17, 2013

Writing


I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I don’t really know who or what influenced me, but way back in elementary, as soon as we were allowed to join a club/organization, I immediately knew which one to join – the school newspaper. I’ve ventured into all kinds - from writing in Filipino (the “lathalain” was my personal fave, i.e. a Filipino feature story), to writing poetry; from attempting to draft screenplays, to writing the more common prose forms.

The problem with me, though, is that I don’t exactly have a firm commitment with my writing - I write whenever I want to, wherever I want to. I write as a form of release of whatever feelings or emotions I have deep down inside me, but I’ve never really kept track of whatever I write. I’ve started blogs, only to delete them after some time. I sometimes find pieces of paper inserted in my books, notebooks or planners, with my scribbled thoughts in the form of literary what-have-you’s.

Today, I tell myself to try to maintain a record of everything I write. I guess it’d also be nice to have a compilation so that in the future, I can have a good trip down memory lane of my previous thoughts and words.  And one more thing – every time I find a loose sheet of something I’ve written previously, it might be good to keep them, or perhaps post some in this blog for archiving purposes.

2 comments:

Mugen said...

After almost ten years of blogging, you'd be surprised how your old works now speak to you. :D

Write on.

The Horny Attorney said...

Thanks, JM. Yeah, you'd really notice the changes that have happened to your writing style over the years. Add to that, of course, are the emotions that go along with it at the time of writing.

You're one of my idols when it comes to blogging because of your creativity and longevity. Yes, write on!